Sat 5th March, 2022, 10.00 am
St Austell’s St Piran’s Day Event is a free community event for one and all to enjoy.
The event is being held in St Austell Town Centre on the 5th March 2022 10 am till 3pm. The event will celebrate Cornwall’s Patron Saint Piran and all things Cornish.
• There will be a craft fair in Fore street St Austell and in the Market House.
• There will be local musicians playing in the Market House foyer.
• There will be cultural/heritage stalls in Holy Trinity Church.
• There will be a flash mob performance by Playmake Theatre in association with Launch Acting @Cornwall College in Aylmer square.
• There will be a Cornish Cultural Conference in Holy Trinity church which will run from 11.30am-3pm.
• There will be a Cornish language taster session running throughout the day in Holy Trinity Church.
• There will be a raffle and a name the Teddy competition.
• At 1.30pm in Aylmer Square, we will set off for a parade around St Austell headed by local musicians. Please bring your banner Piran and your singing voices as there will be a Trelawney Shout when we return to Aylmer square.
• There will be speeches after the parade from invited speakers.
• Tywardreath Morris will be performing in Aylmer square and Fore Street.